SO YOU WANT TO WORK LOCALLY IN SUPPORT OF CLOTH DIAPERS?
The primary means of carrying out the mission of Real Diaper Association (RDA) is your local advocacy.
RDA programs are designed to support local groups and individuals in educating, advising, and organizing those who need to know about cloth diapers.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
Become a Real Diaper Circle Leader. Leaders represent RDA locally, organizing groups of RDA members. Leaders must meet several specific training requirements.
Join a local Real Diaper Circle. If you do not want to be a leader, you are still welcome to join a Real Diaper Circle to work with others to support cloth diapering. If there is no Circle in your area listed in the RDA Directory, encourage others to start one - or consider becoming a Leader yourself.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH RDA?
- Exclusive for accredited Leader: Publicity
as a Real Diaper Circle, on website and in Newsletter.
- Exclusive for accredited Leader: Listing
in Real Diaper Association Directory.
- Exclusive for accredited Leader: Seal
- Exclusive for accredited Leader: Business card template.
- Coming soon! Exclusive for accredited Leader: Circle support kit including a selection of diapers for demonstration and a CD of digital resources for use in outreach events.
- Real Diaper Association support.
- Reliable research. Currently available: "Diaper Facts" and lists of
studies to use as resources. RDA will also sponsor research in the future.
- Educational materials. Currently available: brochures, postcards,
and articles. Also under development is a 4-part diapering curriculum.
- Handbook of local group and advocacy tips.
- National campaigns. Accredited Leaders will receive additional information about campaigns.
- Constant stream of action tips and talking points.
- Tax-exemption for donations and membership fees.
- Knowledge that by joining the Real Diaper Association in any way, you are helping to put more babies in cloth diapers.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF LEADERSHIP?
To become a Circle leader you must:
- use cloth diapers full time (or must have done so when your children were babies)
- be a Real Diaper Association member
- demonstrate support and dedication to the mission of the Real Diaper Association
- be respectful of others and enthusiastic about cloth diapering
Training is tailored to each individual. This includes:
- envisioning local cloth diapering advocacy
- creating a plan of action
- studying Nonviolent Communication
HOW CAN I BECOME A REAL DIAPER CIRCLE LEADER?
If you are interested in leading local cloth diapering advocacy, please read the complete guidelines. If you can fulfill the requirements, please complete the contact form below and you will be sent training information.
CIRCLE LEADER CONTACT INFORMATION
First, join the Real Diaper Association and then complete the following Contact Information to apply as a Real Diaper Circle Leader.