"WHY CHOOSE CLOTH DIAPERS?" - ADVOCACY PLAN
Renewable. Reusable. Recyclable. The "Why Choose Cloth Diapers" (WCCD) Advocacy Plan focuses on educating children on how the 3Rs (renewable, reusable, recyclable) relate to the cloth -v- disposable diapering discussion. In the Real Diaper Association Mission it states that increasing the use of simple, reusable cloth diapers means making cloth diapering accessible and acceptable to U.S. parents. The "Why Choose Cloth Diapers" Advocacy Plan reaches the upcoming generation by equipping them with the necessary information to make wise decisions for their future families.
The "Why Choose Cloth Diapers" Advocacy Plan is an educational tool. It is intended to be used with school age children and is designed to meet the requirements of different settings; for instance, a home school unit, a public school classroom, the local library, or your community center. In the "Why Choose Cloth Diapers" Advocacy Plan you will find step-by-step guidelines for implementing different activities, downloadable resources, supplies lists needed for the various activities, and suggestions for implementing the Advocacy Plan.
EDUCATE CHILDREN! Begin your local "Why Choose Cloth Diapers" Advocacy Plan.
The WWCD Advocacy Plan is your plan for educating children about why they should choose cloth diapers for their families. Step-by-step activities, supply lists, questions, and display ideas are included.
HOW DO I START EDUCATING LOCALLY?
- Start by downloading and reading the "Why Choose Cloth Diapers" Advocacy Plan.
- Choose the activity or activities that interest you most.
- Decide who you will educate. Is it for your own children? Do you have a local home school group you can contact and offer a unit study on why they should choose cloth diapers? Will it be in a classroom, the local library, or community center?
- Review your calendar. Select at least three dates when your schedule is clear and you can give the presentation
- Call to reserve a time, room, and day for your WCCD presentation at the location you chose. More information on selecting a place for your presentation is on the Preparation Page included in the WCCD zip file.
- Gather supplies listed in the activities of your choice.
- Create a plan for your display table or booth - remember to tailor it for children too!
- Print out the Contact Cards available in the download. Leave them at the table or booth or give them to the children to take home to their parents.
- Remember to keep it fun! Keep the attention of the children! Be animated.
More of the step-by-step process is included in the WCCD Advocacy Plan. When you plan your presentation,
let us know. Then, after the presentation, write and tell us how it went. What worked well? What didn't work? What would you like to do in
Download the entire "Why Choose Cloth Diapers"
Advocacy Plan. Download and save the entire "WCCD" Advocacy Plan .zip file to your computer.
You will get it all in one
zipped-up file. Once downloaded, you will need to extract the
files to read them. If you do not have file-extraction software, WinZip® offers a free trial download
The Advocacy Plan is in .pdf format. To read and download the campaign
materials, you will need the most recent version of Adobe Reader.
to update or download your FREE copy of Adobe Reader.
"Why Choose Cloth Diapers" Advocacy Plan - [Download zip file]
What is included? The "Why Choose Cloth Diapers" Advocacy Plan includes the following educational tools.
- The WCCD Advocacy Plan
- A WCCD Contact Card
- The WCCD post card
- A WCCD bookmark
- The 3 R's 8 ½ x 11 print-outs.
- The WCCD Preparation Page
Feedback. Contact us with your comments on how the WCCD Advocacy Plan worked for you. Share your ideas to improve this Advocacy Plan or to create others. Send us pictures from your event either electronically via email or snail mail using the contact information provided below.